Monday, August 30, 2010

What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate


On the plus side, it's one less email that they will have to deal with.

I'm not sure what's wrong with us, but for some reason we can't get the whole 'communication' thing right. We either over-communicate, beating issues to death with meeting after soul-crushing meeting, or under communicate, barely letting people know what's going on, even when it affects them directly.

We need to work on that. I think I'll send out a meeting notice.

P.S. Thanks to Prophead for tweeting the idea for this strip.

2 comments:

Michael A. Smith said...

When we send out an email about a planned or unplanned outage, we get a varied set of replies.

Sometimes we get, "Thanks!".

Sometimes we get, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Then there's the occasional out-of-office reply.

But my favorite reply of all time was, "I would appreciate it in the future if you would let me know more in advance of emergency downtime."

Jeff said...

Oh, how true this is.